MJL’s aim is to continually provide a market leading performance in Groundworks throughout Cornwall and Devon which exceeds its Client’s expectations and delivers a service which keeps MJL ahead of its competitors.
We carry out all aspects of groundworks including; foundations, roads and drainage infrastructure, installation of services, major housing developments and commercial buildings.
MJL Contractors Ltd is competent in undertaking all aspects of residential & commercial groundwork activity.
The following list is a selection of regular activities carried out by the company:
- Site clearance & bulk excavation works
- Excavation & laying of all foundation types
- Sub structure construction
- Ground floor construction (including concrete slab & beam & block flooring)
- Installation of underground services (eg water, BT, gas & electric)
- Installation of domestic surface & foul water drainage systems including private septic tanks, pump stations, soakaways and attenuation systems
- Installation of adoptable surface & foul water drainage systems including local authority approved pump stations and attenuation systems
- Pre-cast & cast in-situ retaining wall solutions
- Construction of main estate roads & footpaths to local authority standard
- Construction of private roads, drives & other associated external works
- Tarmac and block paved surfacing
MJL now has a significant presence throughout Devon and Cornwall with operatives based in both counties; which enables us to service projects based in the these areas. On-going client relationships and demands have given MJL the opportunity to develop its geographical coverage in the Southwest region.
Our recently built offices are equipped with the latest software and technology which enables our estimators and surveyors to accurately compile complex tenders. This enables us to rapidly provide our clients with all the necessary information that is requested during tender negotiations.
The MJL Group employs in the region of 320 employees, plus various sub-contractors, to fulfil its clients’ demands and this is set to increase as its’ growth continues year upon year. Before any employees go to site, they undertake an intense induction at our Helston or Exeter Office where they are introduced to the Company’s procedures and processes. Ongoing training is provided to all employees to maintain a good and safe knowledge of all aspects of site safety.
Our clients often require us to undertake the initial phase of a project as Principal Contractor for a defined period.? This becomes advantageous to clients on certain larger developments where the initial infrastructure phase and first release of foundations can take place without developer presence.? The company employs three? NEBOSH? qualified managers to ensure the initial construction phase runs smoothly and to the highest standards of??Health & Safety.
MJL currently have a strong client database but always welcomes new opportunities with prospective clients.? Please feel free to?contact us?where we will look forward to dealing with your enquiry.
MJL Contractors Ltd is the contracting arm of? the business, carrying out groundworks throughout the Southwest since 2001.
MJL Plant Hire Ltd?owns numerous items of plant, lorries and vans which supports the groundworks side of the business offering the rental of all its machinery which gives us more reliability and flexibility than relying on the use of external services.
Within the Group our Development Company?MJL Cornwall Ltd?has expanded into the Property and Real Estate market undertaking various projects including the construction of residential dwellings and industrial units and the construction of MJL’s head office. In addition to this, the Company rents and leases numerous residential, commercial properties and holiday lets.